18 Mar The Truth About the Equality Act
The House and Senate will soon consider the Equality Act. If passed it will result in the destruction of Americans’ religious freedom and conscience rights. It is an existential threat to our constitutional rights, including the right to life.
While H.R. 5 claims to fight unjust discrimination against gay and transgender individuals, it would target people who hold a traditional definition of marriage, and those whose deeply held beliefs prohibit them from participating in abortion.
If this becomes law, the Equality Act will:
- exempt itself from the bipartisan Religious Freedom Restoration Act, infringing on religious freedom
- force religious organizations to host functions that violate their beliefs or close their doors
- require women to compete against men and boys in sports, and to share locker rooms and shower facilities with men and boys
- force faith-based charities to violate their religious beliefs or shut down
- jeopardize existing prohibitions on the use of federal taxpayer funds for abortion, likely pressuring or even mandating the performance of abortions by health care providers in violation of their consciences
- force health care professionals, against their best medical judgment, to support treatments and procedures associated with “gender transition.”
Tell your Senators to VOTE NO on the Equality Act. The vote will be razor thin. We need all Republican Senators and at least one Democrat Senator to vote NO on H.R. 5. While California Senators will likely vote along party lines to support H.R. 5, you can SHARE THIS EMAIL with friends in other states to tell the truth about this bad bill.