28 Oct The Power of a Pro-Life Pregnancy Center
Posted at 15:17h in Uncategorized
Do you know that the 2,700 pro-life pregnancy resource centers across the United States vastly outnumber the 1587 abortion providers identified by the Guttmacher Institute in 2017?
And do you know that these pregnancy centers provided approximately 1.85 million people in the United States with free services, for an estimated total value of services at over $266 million?
These are the very centers that NARAL derides as “fake women’s health centers”–even as Planned Parenthood’s “health service” offerings are declining in every category… except abortion.
The Charlotte Lozier Institute’s latest study on the impact of pro-life pregnancy resource centers contains many other facts that put the lie to NARAL’s negative PR campaign. Take a look:
In 2019, PRCs provided services that included:
- Almost 732,000 pregnancy tests
- More than 486,000 free ultrasounds
- Approximately 160,200 STI/STD tests
- Parenting and prenatal education programs for more than 291,000 clients
- After-abortion support for more than 21,000 clients
- Sexual risk avoidance education presentations for more than 881,000 students
- Nearly 1.3 million packs of diapers
- More than 2 million baby outfits
Interesting to note: the number of PRCs has increased since the CLI’s last report–and their life-saving services have increased as well. So the next time you read or hear a falsehood about the power of a pro-life pregnancy center–you’ll know the truth.